Effective Procedures to Remove Cellulite in Singapore
As we age, fat deposits start to build up in certain parts of our body. Some are easy to shed off with methods like diet or exercise, while others may pose a challenge to remove. If fat removal is hard enough, developing cellulite on top of it is another problem.
If you see lumpy skin that resembles an orange peel on parts of your body with concentrated fats, like those on your hips or thigh area, this may be cellulite. A lot of women have this skin condition compared to men. This flaw makes some people feel unattractive or shy when wearing clothes that expose areas of the body affected by this, especially during summer.
Are you getting bothered by the existence of cellulite in your body? Do you long to wear comfortable clothes with confidence, such as swimsuits and shorts, whenever summer is in? We just might have the solution to your problem. Read on until the end of this article to know more about cellulite and the different effective procedures in Singapore that can be used to remove them from your body.
Cellulite is a normal and common skin condition.
Cellulite, or edematous fibrosclerotic panniculopathy (EFP) in medical term, affects both men and women. However, because of the difference in body composition and distribution of connective tissues, fats, and muscles, this skin condition is more rampant in women. Cellulite forms when the connective tissues get pressed by fat cells underneath the skin, resulting in the top layer of the skin to dimple.
Cellulite is not only caused by body fat.
Contrary to the belief of many S’gaporeans, body fat is not the only reason why cellulite develops in the skin. Cellulite may also be caused by age, genetics, gender, hormones, pregnancy, and thickness of the skin. Other external factors that can contribute to its existence are body toxins, poor nutrition, unhealthy lifestyle, and lack of physical activity.
Cellulite is obvious in certain parts of the body.
The parts of the body where cellulite commonly develops are:
Cellulite can be categorized into 3 stages.
Cellulite can either be mild, moderate, or severe. Dimpling is not evident in the skin when the cellulite is in the mild stage unless the skin is pinched. With severe cellulite, the skin looks scrunched up, creating ridges and peaks on the epidermis.
Cellulite is considered as a cosmetic problem.
Cellulite does not pose any serious threat to our health.
Looking for a medical practitioner in Singapore to treat your cellulite problem? You can turn to aesthetic physicians, dermatologists, and plastic surgeons to help you address and remove cellulite. But the best will be to turn for a specialized aesthetic clinic like Cambridge Therapeutics that will take care of your cellulite removal treatment with their service called Venus Legacy Stretch Marks & Cellulite.
Cellulite can be treated and effectively removed by various aesthetic procedures.
You may have heard of over the counter ointments and topical creams that promise to get rid of cellulite by just applying their “magic” on your skin. These claims have no medical proof of efficacy. Some claim to have seen improvements, especially for those with high caffeine content, but the results only lasted for a short time.
If those do not work, what are other procedures that can help restore the skin’s crumpled look to a smooth appearance?
- Acoustic Wave Therapy – This procedure was originally developed to address cellulite problems. The therapy makes use of vibrations to aid the connective tissues in the skin to produce collagen. The stimulation of collagen production helps the skin to tighten and improve its elasticity, resulting in the improvement of the cellulite’s appearance.
- Cellfina – Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure that utilises numbing cream and a specialised device that holds the skin and cuts through the fibrous connective tissues using a minute blade. Cellfina has shown more promising outcomes, as results are seen to stay for 12 months up to a maximum of three years.
- Cellulase – Cellulase is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a tiny laser tube that is inserted into the skin to dissolve fat and soften the fibrous strips of tissue that grips fat together. This procedure is FDA approved and has shown progress in reducing cellulite, but not eliminating them completely. Repeat treatments may be needed to achieve optimum results.
- Cryolipolysis – Popularly known as fat freezing, cryolipolysis is a non-invasive and a non-surgical procedure that uses a cooling gel pad and a freezing device to freeze the fats in the skin. When the fat-producing cells in the skin are subjected to cold temperatures, these begin to solidify and eventually break into smaller portions. These are then absorbed by the body and eliminated as waste. Because the fat cells are removed, fat can no longer build up in that part of the body where the cells used to be. Improvements in the skin may be seen in 3 or 4 months following treatment.
- Microdermabrasion – This procedure exfoliates the skin with the use of salt crystals and aluminium oxide. Microdermabrasion helps in skin resurfacing. The salt crystals and aluminium oxide help in exfoliating dead or ageing skin and creates new skin.
Cellulite can be reduced, but a procedure that can remove it permanently has not yet been developed.
Aesthetic procedures that target cellulite are only able to remove or reduce them temporarily. You need to repeat sessions of your chosen method in order to maintain your skin’s smooth and dimple-free appearance. Remember to consult your doctor for a suitable treatment for you.